Dario Cebic was born in Zagreb and learned piano and violin from an early age before transferring to double bass, piano, musicology, music theory and composition. He attended Elementary and Secondary school of in Zagreb, after which he started higher education in piano, composition, double bass, musical science, music culture, music theory, music pedagogy, conducting and musicology. He got several master degrees in 2005 - 2010. In 2006 he starts doctoral studies in music science.
2012 he finished doctoral study (Dr. phil) on Universität für Musik and darstellende Kunst in Graz and "Postgraduale study" in composition on Universität für Musik and darstellende Kunst in Vienna with professor Michael Obst. He attended specialisation with Karl Heinz Stockhausen and Martijn Padding. He has won many prizes and awards (1. Prize on International Composition Competition in Vienna 2012, 1. Prize on International Composition Competition InterArtia 2014, 2. Prize on Volos International Composition Competition 2013 and 2014, 2. Prize on Composition Competition - Croatian Cultural Association in Zagreb, Prize of Croatian Minstry of Culture for his "Symphony Nr. 1 for large Orchestra" etc.). In 2010, he was awarded with the town award for development and improvement of music art. Since 2012 he has been teaching composition at the "Franz Schubert" Vienna Conservatory of Music. In 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015, he obtain the recognition at Croatian Association of Music and Dance Teachers. He has performed at more than 60 instrumental festivals and his music has been successfully performed in over 30 countries.
In 2014, he was awarded with the county award for development and improvement of music art. In 2015, he was awarded with the "Artist of the Year 2014" in Composition at International Art Society & Academy.
1. Prize on International Composition Competition Bari, Italy 2015
1. Prize on International Composition Competition "Giuseppe Raciti" 2015
1. Prize on International Composition Competition InterArtia 2015
- Kompositionen des 21. Jahrhunderts“ (www.shaker.de)
- Die Entwicklung des Tamburizzaspiels in Kroatien und Österreich (www.shaker.de)
- Bilder und Erinnerungen, 2005, Dallas Records
- Kontrabasso di bravura, 2007, Dallas Records
- Fascination, 2011, Spona Classics
- Kompositionen des 21. Jahrhunderts, 2015, Shaker Verlag
- Klarinetten-Projekt, 2015, Steirische Tonkünstlerbund
Veröffentlichungen meiner Noten:
- meine Werke werden durch Recital Music, the The Croatian Cultural Association sowie Shaker Verlag Publiziert
- 10 Sinfonien
- 4 Kammersynfonien, Ensemblwerke, Klavierwerke, Chorwerke usw.
- Musik für Dokumentarfilm - "100 Jahre Erster Weltkrieg"
- 3 Spot: "Leave" for piano solo; "For her smile" for piano solo; "Concertino" for piano solo, 2. Satz (Composer und Piano: Dario Cebic)